Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Take me home: the Kurbans' new Sutton Forest driveway
To say the Southern Highlands is atitter with Saturday's news of Nicole Kidman's new Sutton Forest purchase is a bit of an understatement. I was there on the weekend (no I didn't head down specifically - I previously mentioned a long-standing family connection to the area and in fact I'm there almost every weekend). And I can report that Kidman's $6.5million Bunya Hill acquisition was the talk of the town. Make that, Southern Highlands towns - with local radio station 2ST grilling Wingecarribee Shire councillor May King yesterday as to whether or not King planned to invite Kidman over at some stage soon for tea and scones.
The Kurban estate
Many details about the property were provided in Saturday's SMH story. Save for the exact address, which is not that difficult to track down. Although I have no doubt that serious pap pests will already be across the address, and long-range lens possibilities, I'm not going to provide any assistance with directions.
A few of the Kurbans' new Black Angus moo cows
Although agents directly connected to the deal were in lockdown mode yesterday, plenty of other parties seemed to have Kidman intel.
Sources say that contracts were exchanged as recently as last week. Which means someone blabbed.
My guess is that that someone might be connected to the party who was, I am reliably informed, gazumped by Kidman's bid after their own had been accepted by the vendor.
The SMH refers to Kidman's "property scout". Locals say the Kidman rep brokering the deal was John Manning - who has previously also been described as Kidman's driver. Talk about multitasking.
Given that the Kurbans have apparently yet to set foot on the property - and one might assume, may be pretty new to the area - I thought I'd save them, and/or Manning, a bit of time and legwork, and provide a quick shopping headsup in their nearest village of Moss Vale.
Whyte's - purveyors of 'Agrichic' since 1895:
Something for Keith - great hair product selection at the local Bi-Lo supermarché:
The local Tuckerbag:
Tuckerbag special on at the moment:
The Moss Vale Hotel, est 1850, which is about to add an 80-room restaurant:
There are in fact older pubs in the Highlands, however this one is the only pub that I have seen whose bottle shop offers a dedicated merchandise area to local wines:
What the Moss Vale Hotel reckons is the Southern Highlands' finest drop:
Something else for Keith:
- ► 2013 (64)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Tallulah rising - on COACD
- The topless international debut of Ellie Ross
- Josh Goot to show at London Fashion Week - accordi...
- Abbey Lee gets on her high horse
- "If it doesn't fit, it can never be fashion" - Pet...
- Iekeliene Stange on skinny models, babymodels - an...
- NY mag might have been "ragging" on Tavi - but it ...
- Sarah Stephens: Attempts explanation of "dag" to N...
- Beth Ditto on SHOWstudio
- Tavi the Style Rookie - she might not have legs, b...
- sass & bide's page one
- Alice McCall heads to NY Fashion Week - one of jus...
- Is Tavi the world's youngest fashion blogger?
- Nicole Trunfio: Anointed by Vogue, trashed by Murd...
- Neryl Walker: Censored by Angostura, blessed by Co...
- There's no other store - for anyone over 18 - like...
- Simon Wood - global authority on kicks
- Is Micky the new Kylie?
- Zimmermann in Miami
- Speaking of NZ models....meet supernova Olivia O'D...
- The Tatiana mystery: Is Kiwi Jenna Sauers Jezebel'...
- Vale Mark Keighery
- Brunsdon on Project Runway, the Brana factor - and...
- Kurban country - the neighbours blab
- Kirrily and Moët jump the pond to Auckland
- Polly Borland @ Murray White
- Urban Outfitters marks down Lagerfeld - turns him ...
- Collette's page one
- Model blogs and blacklists
- Something for Sunday?
- Kurban country
- Apparently The Sydney Morning Herald reads frockwr...
- Sydney emerges as world's 7th Top Fashion City - n...
- Meanwhile....back in the Big Apple
- Tallulah rising - and having an Absolut ball
- Cold Mountain, the reality show
- Sydney Chamber of Commerce on fashion: "Not releva...
- Girlfriend Model Search: The plait thickens
- The Girlfriend Model Search: Level playing field -...
- Australia's Next Top (male) Model
- Belinda Seper on Bowral's "jeans of no fashionable...
- Maggie T on the pink tracksuit trend: "WTF??"
- The Walkley Magazine
- Project Runway's Bryanboy/Suzy Menkes love child??...
- The Miro Supremacy
- Camilla and Marc cooler than Irina, Lovefoxx and L...
- Independence Day
- From Goot to Gaultier? Tallulah rising
- Hello world, this is not John Laws
- ▼ July 2008 (49)