Wednesday, July 30, 2008
In January 2006 Chic Management’s Kathy Ward told me that 16 year-old Sydney schoolgirl Ellie Ross had “a huge international career ahead of her”. After an auspicious 2006 debut however – her first gig was for Australian Vogue, followed by Australian Nylon and campaigns for Third Millennium and Sportsgirl – Ross has since been pretty much under the radar. Fast forward to July 29th 2008 and there she is, topless, on high profile international modelling website models.com - tapped as MDC’s latest hot “Of The Minute” girl.
Described by MDC as “a poised 18 year old Australian getting ready for her SS09 moments”, Ross poses in what looks to be not much more than a pair of knickers and scarf, her body entwined around a shirtless 20 year-old black American model called Sonny who is also with Chic’s New York affiliate Next.
With Catherine McNeil, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Stephanie Carter, Alexandra Agoston and latterly Myf Shepherd and Sarah Stephens, all shooting out of Chic’s doors, one would have assumed that Ross would have had more than an even chance of getting the industry’s attention.
Given the recent V magazine photospread of the stars of “powerhouse” agency IMG however – in which IMG models were all photographed nude and baring their breasts, buttocks and more (including one 16 year-old) - it seems agencies are trying to out-sex each other at the moment.
But look, at least Ross is 18.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Tallulah rising - on COACD
- The topless international debut of Ellie Ross
- Josh Goot to show at London Fashion Week - accordi...
- Abbey Lee gets on her high horse
- "If it doesn't fit, it can never be fashion" - Pet...
- Iekeliene Stange on skinny models, babymodels - an...
- NY mag might have been "ragging" on Tavi - but it ...
- Sarah Stephens: Attempts explanation of "dag" to N...
- Beth Ditto on SHOWstudio
- Tavi the Style Rookie - she might not have legs, b...
- sass & bide's page one
- Alice McCall heads to NY Fashion Week - one of jus...
- Is Tavi the world's youngest fashion blogger?
- Nicole Trunfio: Anointed by Vogue, trashed by Murd...
- Neryl Walker: Censored by Angostura, blessed by Co...
- There's no other store - for anyone over 18 - like...
- Simon Wood - global authority on kicks
- Is Micky the new Kylie?
- Zimmermann in Miami
- Speaking of NZ models....meet supernova Olivia O'D...
- The Tatiana mystery: Is Kiwi Jenna Sauers Jezebel'...
- Vale Mark Keighery
- Brunsdon on Project Runway, the Brana factor - and...
- Kurban country - the neighbours blab
- Kirrily and Moët jump the pond to Auckland
- Polly Borland @ Murray White
- Urban Outfitters marks down Lagerfeld - turns him ...
- Collette's page one
- Model blogs and blacklists
- Something for Sunday?
- Kurban country
- Apparently The Sydney Morning Herald reads frockwr...
- Sydney emerges as world's 7th Top Fashion City - n...
- Meanwhile....back in the Big Apple
- Tallulah rising - and having an Absolut ball
- Cold Mountain, the reality show
- Sydney Chamber of Commerce on fashion: "Not releva...
- Girlfriend Model Search: The plait thickens
- The Girlfriend Model Search: Level playing field -...
- Australia's Next Top (male) Model
- Belinda Seper on Bowral's "jeans of no fashionable...
- Maggie T on the pink tracksuit trend: "WTF??"
- The Walkley Magazine
- Project Runway's Bryanboy/Suzy Menkes love child??...
- The Miro Supremacy
- Camilla and Marc cooler than Irina, Lovefoxx and L...
- Independence Day
- From Goot to Gaultier? Tallulah rising
- Hello world, this is not John Laws
- ▼ July 2008 (49)