Thursday, August 28, 2008
Long time no post.... Apologies, I've been tied up with deadlines. But I did pop into the second 'store wars' salvo of the Australian SS0809 season launch: last night's Myer show. No Miranda Kerr of course, but in her place Jennifer 'Hawko' Hawkins. Also, top Oz catwalkers Alexandra Agoston, who we saw at David Jones three weeks ago and Tallulah Morton (^) - who we saw at DJs' AW08 show in February, but not the spring/summer show because, in the interim, under-18s were given their marching orders by DJs.
As this blog has been pointing out for the past month, Morton has much bigger fashion fish to fry than David Jones.
Such as Jean Paul Gaultier, the Cobrasnake, the NY model hype machine, not to mention the spring/summer 2009 runway shows, which kick off Friday week in New York.
Indeed judging by her "PARI$" T-shirt last night, Morton seems to know only too well where the big fashion money lies.
Here are a few shots I managed to snap in between sneaking in backstage before the show started - and being ushered out the back door.
More to come.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Carla Zampatti: "I'm not a global brand - but I ha...
- Gladiators of the high-low shoe biz, Myer salutes ...
- Front-of-house Myer
- Backstage @ Myer
- Bush outfit: Kidman’s off-screen RM Williams ode
- Alice McCall on SHOWstudio
- Pack Rats: sass & bide’s new rodent hero product r...
- Tavi to a T: Style Rookie profiled (finally) by NY...
- In (American) Vogue: Michael Angel
- An Angel at their schedule: Oz fashion's dark hors...
- Ray of light: Costarella gets his IMG dues (after ...
- Ford’s Gary Dakin on diversity in modelling: Naomi...
- Michelle Jank helps reimage Oz wool
- Carla Zampatti: Australian Fashion Laureate
- Sarah Stephens: "Good vibe" from Mario Testino, ha...
- QF 424 Melbourne-Sydney: A graphic recording
- FGI roadshow Part II
- Model revheads: Dad and Orlando bonded over bikes
- Miranda Kerr: I was a teenage political pawn
- Front-of-house David Jones
- Backstage @ David Jones
- FGI roadshow Part I
- Gemma Ward's Black Balloon to hit US - apparently ...
- Goot to go: Goot on schedule at LFW
- And then there were two: sass & bide pull out of N...
- Is Jezebel's model mole looking at a book deal?
- ▼ August 2008 (26)