Monday, September 29, 2008
skye stracke at blugirl SS09/sonny vandevelde
Time for a little model update. We know how well Myf Shepherd and Abbey Lee Kershaw are doing – and Shepherd’s blockbuster freshman RTW season shows no sign of slowing down on the last Paris leg. On Sunday Shepherd walked in the prestigious Nina Ricci show (alongside the Anne Valerie Hash and Bruno Pieters shows). According to her agency moreover, she has also just snagged her latest biggie: today’s Christian Dior show. And Shepherd is not the only Australian cleaning up on the SS09 runways.
I posted shots of Skye Stracke three weeks ago at the Karen Walker and Willow shows in New York.
Stracke has walked in at least 20 shows so far across the four cities, including the blue chip brand names Missoni, Diane von Furstenberg, Donna Karan, Moschino, Lacoste and Nina Ricci.
At Nina Ricci, Stracke's ethereal beauty was a perfect fit with the dream-like romanticism of creative director Olivier Theyskens' spring collection, which groaned with fairytale slip dresses and ballgowns:
skye stracke at nina ricci SS09/style.com
One might assume that Galliano muse Alexandra Agoston is also a good prospect for at least today's Christian Dior show, not to mention John Galliano later in the week.
Agoston flew straight to London, where she walked in at least seven shows, including Roksanda Ilincic, Jasper Conran, Paul Costelloe and the London Fashion Week debut of Josh Goot:
josh goot SS09/style.com
Stephanie Carta, meanwhile, scored at least seven Milan shows, including the prestige Jil Sander and Alberta Ferretti gigs.
stephanie carta at alberta ferretti SS09/style.com
Alice Burdeu appeared to be MIA on Milan’s runways – at least in the high-profile shows that appeared on big-hit sites such as style.com and wwd.com.
According to online buzz – and as confirmed by Burdeu’s agency Priscilla’s – Burdeu was in fact in Milan last week. Whatever did, or did not, go down there for Burdeu, she popped back up on the SS09 radar in Paris on Saturday night – in the Sirivannavari show.
Que? That would be the second consecutive Paris ready-to-wear show for Sirivannavari, which is designed by no less than Thailand’s Crown Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana. And heaven help anyone who asks any tricky questions of the designer – as Fully Chic discovered last October.
In addition to Burdeu and Carta, the Priscilla's agency has three other models in Paris this week: Emily Trimble-Thompson, Chelsea Scanlan and Christina Carey.
Veteran Emma Balfour followed up her runway reboot at Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang in New York, with the Giles Deacon show in London – and is currently shooting with POP magazine.
Viviens' Emma Ishta walked in Enrico Coveri and Laura Biagiotti in Milan – and is now also in Paris.
Chadwicks’ Mallory Jansen and Georgie Wass both did London shows and the agency currently has three girls waiting on confirms for shows in Paris: Megan Hind, Gemma Scott and Olivia Henderson.
After her great run in New York, Chadwicks' Fabienne Vanderhaeghen bowed out of the rest of the SS09 season.
The reason? Vanderhaeghen is, according to sources, considered "too short” for Europe.
That's showbiz, folks.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Balenciaga bullet Myf Shepherd and her runway "zen...
- Fly-by shoot in the Highlands
- Venus of Willen-Dior
- Tallulah tanks
- Home straight: Mythical Myf, Magna Carta and other...
- Gareth Pugh: "We have to sell the dream before we ...
- Burning down the (Cavalli) house
- Moe better clues?
- World wide web
- Isn't Miuccia Prada supposed to be a feminist?
- Abbey Lee's sterling last day effort
- Live and luxe: Dolce e Gabbana
- Dolce e Gabbana live
- Mythical Myf "storms Fendi"...before the show sta...
- Oh hai
- Prada says jump - Sachi asks 'How high?'
- Gucci's green and gold girls
- Prada's new supernova: Myf Shepherd
- On the record: Jenna Sauers
- Chow down with World
- Joseph and his Karangahape dream set
- Kate Sylvester: The grey lady
- Drop dead Dinnigan
- Uncross your legs Auckland - and offload your swag...
- Boy meets World
- (NZ) Life of Bryan
- Land of the long white cloud's silver lining: Alex...
- Deborah Sweeney: The NZ$130 wolf shirt and other c...
- Snubbed by the Oz fashion press - shot by Lagerfel...
- FGI roadshow Part III – Fashion Exposed
- Win-win for Julie Grbac
- From Lesbohan to Lopez: Miro's "massive" adventure...
- Erin O’Connor flogs free stuff to help her starvin...
- Prada's new supernova?
- Costarella makes his move
- Will the real Abbey Lee please stand up?
- But Cat does show for Tommy
- Cat a noshow at Willow - while six Australians lef...
- Black eyes, busted ribs and cockroaches: Alice Bur...
- Willow's pyramid scheme
- And more: Allegra Carpenter
- Killer heels
- The jumpsuit: a trend with legs (and arms)
- Where’s Abbey Lee? (Definitely) On the cover of V
- But wait, there's more: Fabienne's fab first seaso...
- Marc's Fair Ladies
- An Oz model trifecta at Marc Jacobs - and one of t...
- More model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs pays in "t...
- Graydon Carter on Richie, Lopez and co: "Who cares...
- Just a quiet Sunday in New York....
- Karen Walker's fashion belief system
- Maticevski forms a lobby group
- A model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs uses green to...
- And Alice McCall bows in NYC (with a little help f...
- An Angel kicks off their schedule (with a little h...
- Where's Abbey Lee? (Apparently) on the cover of D&...
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part III
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part II
- The Big Schmozzle: A New York Fashion Week primer ...
- Sydney: Finally relevant to someone
- Girls of Summer: Which new Australians will make t...
- The Rothman prophecies: Project Runway Australia c...
- ▼ September 2008 (63)