Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Well, well, well. All that speculation about Myf Shepherd being on hold for Prada was on the money. There she is in not only last night's Prada show shots from Milan - but on page one of the very high profile style.com website today. No Olivia O'Driscoll unfortunately, which is a blow to NZ, but that's a fantastic get for Shepherd. Snubbed, as frockwriter previously reported, by the ANTM producers for a slot on this year's show, Shepherd really is Australia's next top model.
page one, sep 24, style.com
And Prada might not be the end of it.
Shepherd's other Milan shows to date include Missoni, Jil Sander and Gianfranco Ferre. According to her Sydney agent Kathy Ward moreover, the 17 year-old year 12 student from Brisbane is now also confirmed for the Gucci and Fendi shows.
jil sander SS09/style.com
This places Shepherd in the elite runway league - straight off the bat.
Shepherd's spectacular international runway debut season has embraced over one dozen top New York shows, including both Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs and London shows including Luella Bartley and Issa.
"You know what is really extraordinary? She has been modelling since February" noted Ward. "Catherine McNeil had been modelling since she was 13. Abbey Lee Kershaw had been modelling since she was 15 [ie when McNeil and Kershaw made their international runway debuts in Feb 07 and Feb 08 respectively]. Myf literally has just started modelling and to have such prominent bookings is really very unusual".
Shepherd and Kershaw appear to be the only Chic Management girls still standing on the European runways.
Ward reports that Catherine McNeil is unwell and will miss Milan and most likely Paris. Sarah Stephens will also miss Milan and Paris and is staying is London where she is "on hold for some big campaigns".
- ► 2013 (64)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Balenciaga bullet Myf Shepherd and her runway "zen...
- Fly-by shoot in the Highlands
- Venus of Willen-Dior
- Tallulah tanks
- Home straight: Mythical Myf, Magna Carta and other...
- Gareth Pugh: "We have to sell the dream before we ...
- Burning down the (Cavalli) house
- Moe better clues?
- World wide web
- Isn't Miuccia Prada supposed to be a feminist?
- Abbey Lee's sterling last day effort
- Live and luxe: Dolce e Gabbana
- Dolce e Gabbana live
- Mythical Myf "storms Fendi"...before the show sta...
- Oh hai
- Prada says jump - Sachi asks 'How high?'
- Gucci's green and gold girls
- Prada's new supernova: Myf Shepherd
- On the record: Jenna Sauers
- Chow down with World
- Joseph and his Karangahape dream set
- Kate Sylvester: The grey lady
- Drop dead Dinnigan
- Uncross your legs Auckland - and offload your swag...
- Boy meets World
- (NZ) Life of Bryan
- Land of the long white cloud's silver lining: Alex...
- Deborah Sweeney: The NZ$130 wolf shirt and other c...
- Snubbed by the Oz fashion press - shot by Lagerfel...
- FGI roadshow Part III – Fashion Exposed
- Win-win for Julie Grbac
- From Lesbohan to Lopez: Miro's "massive" adventure...
- Erin O’Connor flogs free stuff to help her starvin...
- Prada's new supernova?
- Costarella makes his move
- Will the real Abbey Lee please stand up?
- But Cat does show for Tommy
- Cat a noshow at Willow - while six Australians lef...
- Black eyes, busted ribs and cockroaches: Alice Bur...
- Willow's pyramid scheme
- And more: Allegra Carpenter
- Killer heels
- The jumpsuit: a trend with legs (and arms)
- Where’s Abbey Lee? (Definitely) On the cover of V
- But wait, there's more: Fabienne's fab first seaso...
- Marc's Fair Ladies
- An Oz model trifecta at Marc Jacobs - and one of t...
- More model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs pays in "t...
- Graydon Carter on Richie, Lopez and co: "Who cares...
- Just a quiet Sunday in New York....
- Karen Walker's fashion belief system
- Maticevski forms a lobby group
- A model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs uses green to...
- And Alice McCall bows in NYC (with a little help f...
- An Angel kicks off their schedule (with a little h...
- Where's Abbey Lee? (Apparently) on the cover of D&...
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part III
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part II
- The Big Schmozzle: A New York Fashion Week primer ...
- Sydney: Finally relevant to someone
- Girls of Summer: Which new Australians will make t...
- The Rothman prophecies: Project Runway Australia c...
- ▼ September 2008 (63)