Tuesday, October 21, 2008
It’s been a while since Oz model-turned-actor Emma Booth had a glossy cover to herself. One third of the March 2008 foldout cover of Australian Harpers Bazaar notwithstanding, Booth's old model agency, Chic Management, reckons that her last solo effort was black + white magazine at least seven years ago. As it happens Marian Simms styled that. And Booth has Simms to thank for what frockwriter can reveal is her latest cover coup: the summer edition of KAREN.
Due out in late October, Booth is the cover story of the latest issue of Simms’ four year-old, Auckland-based indie glossy.
Shot by Charles Howells for the cover, wearing Gucci, Booth also appears in a 10-page editorial story inside the magazine, photographed by Jordan Graham and Liz Ham.
There is an accompanying interview by the magazine’s new features editor Melinda Williams, ex-Pavement and Urbis.
In spite of her recent fashion resurgence – Booth is the new face of Australian accessories brand Oroton – she has been flat out filming back-to-back film projects.
Since her breakthrough role in 2007's Clubland, Booth has shot Joel Schumacher’s horror flick Town Creek, Hippie Hippie Shake (in which she plays Germaine Greer) - with The Boys Are Back in Town (starring Clive Owen) currently in production in Adelaide.
According to Booth’s IMDB listing, another film, Pelican Blood, in pre-production.
Booth reveals to KAREN that she will be in Paris next year shooting Almost French.
Frockwriter is guessing that Booth must be playing the title role in the Kate Dennis film adaptation of the best-selling book of the same title by Australian journalist Sarah Turnbull.
Also up in the new issue of KAREN are 10 pages of Sonny Vandevelde’s backstage photos of Australian Fashion Week, with other editorial featuring rising Kiwi model Katie Braatvedt shot by Charles Howells as well as Taylor Warren (Gavin Rea), Stephanie Carta (Duncan Robinson), Mila De Wit (Jonathan Bookallil), Emma Karlsson (Kate Skennar) and Pania Rose (Steve Baccon).
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Operator Please bass player makes modelling debut....
- The Black Balloon sweeps the AFI Awards nomination...
- Gemma pipped by Emma, Toni and co – but The Black ...
- What Myf did Next
- Marc Jacobs gives good massage - Karlie Kloss cite...
- Lisa Seiffert one-ups Tiah Eckhardt in the Europea...
- Tiah Eckhardt to bare it all (again) for French Pl...
- Côte d'Aszur: Backstage @ Sid's Waltzing Masquerad...
- Model-turned-star: Gemma Ward
- Blogged by Daulmonster - censored by Mom
- Fashion redux: Emma Booth
- Win or lose, Karla Reid already has a two year mod...
- Girlfriend, you better work
- Randy Johnston was not the only model who died las...
- Toon raiders
- Josh Goot and Jaeha up for the world's biggest fas...
- Randy Johnston: Life imitates art
- Vicious circle
- River Phoenix lookalike model dies. Four days late...
- Miranda de Saint-Exupéry?
- Grazia - but for what exactly?
- Mythical Myf's nifty fifty
- Johnson & yet more johnson: Australia's fashion ph...
- Architects of spin
- Magna Carta, the blog
- A Miu Miu, a Miu Miu - they still all fall down
- Collette Dinnigan's three strikes on Style.com
- In Vogue: McBeha
- Model faints - New York mag uses psychic powers to...
- Where's Abbey Lee? Apparently in the need of a lit...
- Stephanie Carta: Even Raf Simons thinks camilla & ...
- Two men, one woman, coupla million hits?
- Onya Sonia
- Ali Michael: Bulimia one season, Balenciaga the ne...
- ▼ October 2008 (34)