Saturday, October 4, 2008
vogue italia/glen luchford via models.com
No this is not a portrait of a young Mick Jagger although granted, there is a remarkable resemblance. This is top Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen, as shot by Glen Luchford for the October edition of Vogue Italia. Erichsen also happens to be the November covergirl of Vogue Nippon - as well as great mates with the November covergirl of Vogue Australia, Catherine McNeil, who is currently giving the European runways a miss while she nurses a mystery illness. But McNeil's health isn't the only mystery preoccupying the blogosphere at the moment. Net wags seem to be convinced that romance is in the air for the duo, prompting the creation of a hybrid couple name: McBeha.
Here is Erichsen's Vogue Nippon cover:
vogue nippon november 08/TFS
And McNeil's Vogue Australia equivalent:
vogue australia november 08/TFS
Now look McNeil's and Erichsen's private lives are, one assumes, really their own affairs. When confronted by all the net speculation which has been circulating for at least six months, McNeil's Australian agent Kathy Ward told frockwriter point blank, "I don't comment on models' personal affairs".
And fair enough.
Some nevertheless continue to be incredibly excited by sightings of the duo in close proximity backstage, out and about at parties or on shoots:
mcbeha via cutebunny121/bellazon
I mean, just because McNeil - who apparently likes to call herself 'the Bogan from Logan' - boasts a plethora of piercings and tats, originally planned to be a mechanic and was once dubbed hot by out MTV Australia VJ Ruby Rose, does that axiomatically make McNeil an L-train ticketholder?
Also to be taken into account is the fact that some seem intent on romantically linking Erichsen with any and every female model who ever sat in the vicinity of her hair & makeup chair. A case in point, Irina Lazareanu - speculation around which liaison prompted the creation of yet another hybrid name, "Frina".
Frockwriter is stumped.
All we will say is that, irrespective of sexual proclivities, the fashion biz could do with a few more ballbreakers. So bring 'em on.
RELATED: MCBEHA ON THE PARK
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Operator Please bass player makes modelling debut....
- The Black Balloon sweeps the AFI Awards nomination...
- Gemma pipped by Emma, Toni and co – but The Black ...
- What Myf did Next
- Marc Jacobs gives good massage - Karlie Kloss cite...
- Lisa Seiffert one-ups Tiah Eckhardt in the Europea...
- Tiah Eckhardt to bare it all (again) for French Pl...
- Côte d'Aszur: Backstage @ Sid's Waltzing Masquerad...
- Model-turned-star: Gemma Ward
- Blogged by Daulmonster - censored by Mom
- Fashion redux: Emma Booth
- Win or lose, Karla Reid already has a two year mod...
- Girlfriend, you better work
- Randy Johnston was not the only model who died las...
- Toon raiders
- Josh Goot and Jaeha up for the world's biggest fas...
- Randy Johnston: Life imitates art
- Vicious circle
- River Phoenix lookalike model dies. Four days late...
- Miranda de Saint-Exupéry?
- Grazia - but for what exactly?
- Mythical Myf's nifty fifty
- Johnson & yet more johnson: Australia's fashion ph...
- Architects of spin
- Magna Carta, the blog
- A Miu Miu, a Miu Miu - they still all fall down
- Collette Dinnigan's three strikes on Style.com
- In Vogue: McBeha
- Model faints - New York mag uses psychic powers to...
- Where's Abbey Lee? Apparently in the need of a lit...
- Stephanie Carta: Even Raf Simons thinks camilla & ...
- Two men, one woman, coupla million hits?
- Onya Sonia
- Ali Michael: Bulimia one season, Balenciaga the ne...
- ▼ October 2008 (34)