Sunday, November 16, 2008
AFP/getty via daylife
Swarovski crystal-encrusted Christmas bows, giant angel wings, maribou feathers, lace, froufrou, highwaisted, '50s-look knickers, bloomers, boxer shorts and a hint of S&M. Yes Victoria's Secret rolled out all this, and more, for its 2008 fashion show. Recorded earlier today in Miami, the over-the-top lingerie extravaganza will be televised on CBS on December 3rd. In her third VS show, the now fully-fledged Angel, Miranda Kerr, had no trouble negotiating the runway in a pair of giant butterly wings. And by the look of things, it didn't take long for Australia's rookie VS runway stars, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Sarah Stephens, to forget everything that they have ever been told by a producer at a major fashion show and start vamping it up, blowing kisses and pretending they're the modern day equivalents of Betty Grable or a Playboy Bunny, take your pick. In a profession in which women already outearn men by a significant degree, their runway co-stars were some of the highest-paid models in the world.
Spared the fantasy outfits worn by the high-profilers, Kershaw and Stephens were kitted out in the type of relatively low-key garb that was donned by Kerr in the same show, before she graduated to a higher profile - and pay grade - within the company.
Stephens looked as sweet as the lollipop she was sucking, in a candy striped brassiere, fingerless knitted gloves, crystal-encrusted bustier and pink tutu:
Kershaw wore a sporty green and white striped bra, striped turban and a peculiar pair of knitted bloomers with "LOVE" motif intarsia:
Kershaw and Stephens were among a handful of new faces to hit the VS runway this year. It was quite a significant coup for both models.
all four images: getty
A RAJAH AND HIS QUEENS
BEACH BLANKET BABELON
SARAH STEPHENS: EARTH ANGEL
VICTORIA'S SECRET AUSSIE ANGELS?
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- If you build it: Vale Jørn Utzon
- Myf nabs Miu Miu - apparently alongside Katie Hol...
- 'Too Young': The Cobrasnake exposes 200 girls, Tal...
- Absence of Melise - but perhaps not for much longe...
- Tallulah Morton - apparently still partying with T...
- Allan Powell, fashionisto
- In Vogue (and soon, everywhere else): Emma Summert...
- Swim Fashion Week (eventually) launched in Sydney
- Akira, Zimmermann and Josh Goot @ FGI
- IMG's new waterbaby: Swim Fashion Week on the Gold...
- 'Australia' world premiere - the red carpet
- 'Australia' world premiere - the presser
- Panty power
- Angel touchdown
- Don Draper's latest squeeze
- A Rajah and his queens
- Beach blanket babelon
- Sarah Stephens: Earth Angel
- Grazia's "incredible" figures while other weeklies...
- Gemma Ward - close, but no cigar
- Finch takes flight
- Victoria's secret Aussie Angels?
- Grazia's good Friday?
- Bend it like Calvin: Alyssa Sutherland's HUGE come...
- Gemma Ward: Back in Vogue
- Gemma Ward: Apparently not going out in New York
- Le Rouge et le Noir: Obama makes history, Michelle...
- Yes, he did
- Zac Posen fashions the vote
- Is John McCain the Imelda Marcos of the 56th presi...
- Another Oz model blogger - and this one has a four...
- ▼ November 2008 (31)