Wednesday, December 24, 2008
A quick Christmas thank-you to everyone who has checked in to this blog since it first went live on July 4. And particularly, to those who continue to check back into it on a regular basis and who have left comments, loved, hated, followed, talked about, talked up, tipped – and of course, linked. Mr Google Analytics says you hail from 136 countries and that in five months, you generated some 140,000 clicks. The bulk of it in the last couple of months, as the blog started to gather (a fraction of) momentum. It is still veeeeery early days of course. However I just wanted to thank you and say that your interest, comments, feedback, support – and even ripoffs – keep me motivated. Beyond regular readers, a couple of special shoutouts.
Firstly, to those who have singled out the blog, and/or this blogger, for mention on their blogs and interviews - in some cases time and time again. Your camaraderie and generosity really do restore my faith in the fashion media.
First and foremost, blogstar Bryanboy and the great unsung heroine of Oz fashion blogging, Helen Lee of Sassybella. Also Julie Fredrickson, Sonny Vandevelde, Matt ‘Imelda’ Jordan, Isaac Hindin Miller, Mike Hyunh, Erica Bartle, Paul Hayes and the peeps at PedestrianTV.
Secondly, to those on whose blogrolls frockwriter is nestled – and in several cases, alongside some very fast blog company.
They include Danny Roberts/Igor + Andre, Sophie Ward/Paper Castle Press, onehundredfiftytwo, 212 Dressing Room, I Am Not Expensive, Nicole Kidman's Forehead, Fashion Doohickey, Seventh Avenue Australia, Karen Magazine, Cantilevered Style, Tropic Girl, Fashion Herald, Wee Birdy, Clarence, Kara Craig, The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pretty Things, 123 BAM!, Cirol and The Happy Laboratory. I know I have left one or two out.
And lastly, the big-hitters who are not already mentioned above. Thanks for the link love - and traffic.
From Fashionologie to models.com, New York Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, BlackBook, The UK Telegraph, Computerworld, The National Business Review – and Grazia (UK), which just picked up last week's Jessica Clarke story.
Have a wonderful Christmas guys, wherever you may be. And a very happy, healthy, safe and peaceful New Year.
I leave you with some Christmas cheer from vinylista Blythe.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Are you being Serged? Patrizio di Renzo's hands-do...
- And so this is Christmas
- The Year of Living Bryanously
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 3
- "Sydney Fashion Week" video a mystery to Sydney Fa...
- Coco pops down
- Tiah Eckhardt bares it all (again) for French Play...
- Coco Rocha: Ready for her Oz closeup
- "Bryan" Phillippe gets yet another taste of Sydney...
- Calvin Klein's latest obsession?
- The Pap Hyatt
- Tallulah takes the veil
- Ryan Phillippe gets a taste of Sydney’s pap frenzy...
- Josh Goot on-schedule again at LFW - with Sienna M...
- Runway to reality: Runway Reporter shutdown blogge...
- ACP Media: Denies websites are shutting, but confi...
- River Phoenix lookalike model dies. Eight weeks la...
- Runway Reporter to shutter as the axe falls at ACP...
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 2
- The (3D) World is their Oyster
- Ksubi, or not Ksubi: Will Renzo Rosso give a rat’s...
- Six AFIs for The Black Balloon
- Carine to cross the pond?
- ▼ December 2008 (23)