Monday, December 15, 2008
Boy, is he in for a fun time. Here is Phillippe arriving at Sydney airport yesterday and being hurried off to a waiting car by gf Abbie Cornish. Pending the stature of the celeb, and the mode of arrival, it is possible to be whisked through discreetly. But then, with airport contacts on Sydney pap payrolls, it’s hard to be invisible in this town. More than one highprofiler – from Heath Ledger to Nicole Kidman - has railed against the Oz paparazzi contingent. Phillippe is in town for tomorrow night’s Calvin Klein party, which Cornish is hosting.
It's a massive do for 400 on Cockatoo Island, an erstwhile convict prison - and access to which is exclusively by water.
A fleet of CK execs are in town. And while the guest list might so far be light on big international names beyond Phillippe and Cornish, fashion-centric Australian-ites who are due to touch down include Brana Wolf, models Alexandra Agoston-O’Connor, Elyse Taylor, Gail Elliott and Australia’s Next Top Model 2009 host Sarah Murdoch.
Oh and Mark Ronson.
Gemma Ward was one name initially mooted as a potential host for this gig – given her CK perfume connections. Which would have been interesting.
Either way, it promises to be a big night. I’ll be there with Sonny Vandevelde, covering for WWD.
We'll keep you posted.
THE PAP HYATT
CALVIN KLEIN'S LATEST OBSESSION?
"BRYAN" PHILLIPPE GETS YET ANOTHER TASTE OF SYDNEY'S PAP FRENZY
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Are you being Serged? Patrizio di Renzo's hands-do...
- And so this is Christmas
- The Year of Living Bryanously
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 3
- "Sydney Fashion Week" video a mystery to Sydney Fa...
- Coco pops down
- Tiah Eckhardt bares it all (again) for French Play...
- Coco Rocha: Ready for her Oz closeup
- "Bryan" Phillippe gets yet another taste of Sydney...
- Calvin Klein's latest obsession?
- The Pap Hyatt
- Tallulah takes the veil
- Ryan Phillippe gets a taste of Sydney’s pap frenzy...
- Josh Goot on-schedule again at LFW - with Sienna M...
- Runway to reality: Runway Reporter shutdown blogge...
- ACP Media: Denies websites are shutting, but confi...
- River Phoenix lookalike model dies. Eight weeks la...
- Runway Reporter to shutter as the axe falls at ACP...
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 2
- The (3D) World is their Oyster
- Ksubi, or not Ksubi: Will Renzo Rosso give a rat’s...
- Six AFIs for The Black Balloon
- Carine to cross the pond?
- ▼ December 2008 (23)