Tuesday, December 16, 2008
marcus ohlsson/velvet via TFS
And not before time. In July, Tallulah Morton’s mother agency in Sydney told frockwriter the then 16 year-old had a good shot at the August/September cover of indie Italian fashion magazine Velvet. That cover did not eventuate - and nor did Morton’s Spring/Summer 2009 runway season, which came to an abrupt halt after the New York leg. Four months later, after consecutive editorials in the magazine’s September and October editions, Morton has finally made Velvet’s January 2009 cover. Not yet out on the stands, this represents her first international magazine cover.
Thanks to The Fashion Spot for the scan – and Guillaume at the Marilyn agency in Paris for double-confirming that the Marcus Ohlsson shot is in fact Morton.
Given that her face is covered by a veil, it’s a little hard to tell.
Marilyn reports that Morton shot 15-18 pages of editorial with Ohlsson for this issue.
How much appears in the published edition remains to be seen, however the cover shot looks to have come from this lingerie editorial, which is similarly styled with a scarf wrapped around Morton’s face (somewhat reminiscent of the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb fragrance ad campaign).
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Are you being Serged? Patrizio di Renzo's hands-do...
- And so this is Christmas
- The Year of Living Bryanously
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 3
- "Sydney Fashion Week" video a mystery to Sydney Fa...
- Coco pops down
- Tiah Eckhardt bares it all (again) for French Play...
- Coco Rocha: Ready for her Oz closeup
- "Bryan" Phillippe gets yet another taste of Sydney...
- Calvin Klein's latest obsession?
- The Pap Hyatt
- Tallulah takes the veil
- Ryan Phillippe gets a taste of Sydney’s pap frenzy...
- Josh Goot on-schedule again at LFW - with Sienna M...
- Runway to reality: Runway Reporter shutdown blogge...
- ACP Media: Denies websites are shutting, but confi...
- River Phoenix lookalike model dies. Eight weeks la...
- Runway Reporter to shutter as the axe falls at ACP...
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 2
- The (3D) World is their Oyster
- Ksubi, or not Ksubi: Will Renzo Rosso give a rat’s...
- Six AFIs for The Black Balloon
- Carine to cross the pond?
- ▼ December 2008 (23)