Saturday, February 28, 2009
Jacobean corsets, brocade capelets, heavily frogged military jackets, poet shirts and micro puffball skirts... D&G's FW0910 collection was inspired by all things Italian opera, with a heavy emphasis on La Traviata. As the D&G website told us before the show streamed live to the net, the latter was the original 'Pretty Woman' - hence, frockwriter assumes, the collection's dizzying, bejewelled streetwalker platforms and the chastity belt motif on the bags and belts. Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana continue to pioneer the social media frontier of fashion marketing by streaming their shows live to the net. The nanosecond the show wrapped, moreover, they swiftly uploaded some backstage looks to their Facebook page to give their fans a closer look. Here is a selection of images.
all images: dolce e gabbana
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Burberry
- Mesdames Butterfly
- D&G live
- The power of hubris: Should Bonds' charity have be...
- Blue crush
- Swim Fashion Week: Zimmermann
- AWOL from the runways, Alice Burdeu to resurface o...
- Swim Fashion Week: Seventh Wonderland
- Josh Goot's space cadets
- Oscars 2009 - Best In Show
- Oscars 2009 - Best Meringues
- Oscars 2009 - Best Bonbonniere
- Oscars 2009 - live (kinda) from the red carpet
- Grand central: Zac Posen's 50-finger discount
- The Personal Urban Transporter: Chanel's new mobil...
- At 14 this Polish teenager was banned from RAFW. T...
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Toni Maticevski
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Barefoot finale @ Brian Reyes
- Prêt-à-Twitter: First look @ Calvin Klein
- Legs 7-Eleven
- All you need is glove
- From the Cobrasnake to Narciso Rodriguez
- The trompe l'oeil necklace trend - it never ends!
- Gagging for it: GQ's "hottest Australian supermode...
- Let them eat Rodarte
- Punk'd: Marc Jacobs Blitzes NYFW with a neon-brigh...
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Backstage @ Marc Jacobs
- It's funny how NYFW is starting to resemble RAFW
- Make me a Victoria's Secret model
- Jessica Gomes turns up the Swim Fashion Week heat
- Banned in Sydney, breakthrough in New York
- Karen Walker's pearl protocol
- A new media day dawns @ NYFW
- The Exit strategy of Jason Wu
- New York Fashion Week - the 97% fat free version
- Black Saturday - the retail response
- Grazia stops the press
- Blue jean babies
- Swim Fashion Week: First look at the schedule
- The Sunday Telegraph checks up on "this frockwrite...
- London Fashion Week turns 25, goes to ELLE
- Serpentine gallery
- Rod Blagojevich, fashion icon?
- Yes we can do without: Top Fashion Buzzwords of 20...
- Gutter photojournalism: Zippora Seven hops on the ...
- Coco Fan Tutte
- ▼ February 2009 (50)
- ► 2008 (229)