Monday, March 16, 2009
Times are certainly tough in fashion, but some are expanding undeterred. A case in point, Sydney designer Fleur Wood, who opened her third Sydney boutique last Wednesday in Chatswood Chase. Here is a first look at the 75sqm space, that was designed by upwardly mobile Sydney architect Kelvin Ho - who is rapidly gaining momentum as the Australian fashion retail architect du jour. This is Ho’s second Fleur Wood boutique after Wood’s space in The Strand, where Ho also designed The Corner Shop and Terry Biviano outlets. That’s not counting sass & bide’s four stores in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and Willow’s Sydney and Melbourne boutiques.
Wood’s latest boutique, a twist on her trademark homespun white décors, features a corrugated sheeting ceiling and a seven metre-long frieze of 160 plaster rabbits – apparently an idea cooked up between Wood and Ho’s interior designer collaborator Deborah Snellgrove, from one white plaster rabbit which sits in Wood’s studio.
all images: fleur wood
Posted by Patty Huntington at 3/16/2009 02:30:00 PM
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- RAFW ditches the Big Top
- Guns n poses
- Aurelio Costarella and Willow ditch NYFW for RAFW
- The Sartorialist heading to RAFW
- sass & bide returns to RAFW, opens five new stores...
- RAFW SS0910: The Recessionista edition
- Carine Roitfeld on CNN Revealed
- Prêt-à-Twitter: LMFF Marketing Breakfast
- I, Fashion Robot
- Romancing the Woolmark
- A. K. G. Nair, fashion savant
- Girl with a gong
- Fleur Wood pulls 160 rabbits out of her hat
- Fashion from the vault
- McQueen's garbo couture
- Is Olivier Zahm the new Michael Hutchence?
- In a Wordle: [frockwriter]
- The Fall girls
- Things not going better with coke in Paris - espec...
- Tallulah says NO
- Prêt-à-Twitter: First word on Balenciaga
- Gareth Pugh FW0910 live blog
- Dolce e Gabbana FW0910 live
- Kane and able
- Prada goes to war
- Killer heels II - Abbey Lee Kershaw bows out of FW...
- ▼ March 2009 (26)
- ► 2008 (229)