Thursday, March 11, 2010
louis vuitton FW1011/getty via daylife
Well we can add Elle Macpherson to the list of Australian models walking in Fall/Winter 2010/2011. Returning to the runway after what frockwriter estimates could be a 20 year hiatus (the last time we recall seeing Macpherson on a catwalk was the Bicentennial Wool Collection in Sydney in 1988), she closed Louis Vuitton's 1950s-nosed collection yesterday in Paris. Although not technically the last show of the season - that was Miu Miu last night - it was a fascinating climax to a season marked by its interesting show casting. Much has been made of the "curvier" models on show alongside the stock standard teenage skeletors, even though the Victoria's Secret Angels who appeared at Prada and Balenciaga are still whippet thin. But the choice of 46 year-old Macpherson, after Calvin Klein cast fortysomethings Kristen McMenamy and Stella Tennant, alongside 33 year-old Kirsty Hume in New York, with McMenamy also showing up at Viktor & Rolf last weekend, seems more a victory for the older woman, than her curvier cousin.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Open Sesame
- RAFW SS1011 - The (awkward) 15th anniversary editi...
- And the Walkley for new media douchebaggery appare...
- Gail Elliott's Little Joe to make its runway debut...
- Calvin Klein's ice breaker
- Gail Reid bound for Roberto Cavalli?
- A chat with Michael Angel
- LMFF, Refinery 29 downunder and Sonny Vandevelde c...
- Elle Macpherson closes Louis Vuitton
- From Churchill to Cassi-Gate, insulting the French...
- Alexander McQueen's final collection saluted in ca...
- Hollywood's risk takers
- Viktor & Rolf's Freaky Saturday
- Lauren Brown bags Balenciaga
- Balenciaga packs it in for Fall
- Cassi van den Dungen takes one step back from her ...
- Olivier Zahm christened "Smegmacula" by Vanity Fai...
- ▼ March 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)