Tuesday, March 9, 2010
reuters via daylife
Just a couple of personal favourites from last night's Oscars. Most of which, frockwriter notes, are already turning up on worst-dressed lists. In a sea of safe, so-so goddess gowns and meringues, however, we applaud their bravura: Charlize Theron, Zoe Saldana and Sarah Jessica Parker in haute couture, respectively Christian Dior, Givenchy and Chanel. Then there was Nicole Richie's quicksilver boho de luxe gown by Lebanese American designer Reem Acra. And the statuesque Kathryn Bigelow, who looked striking in her gunmetal Yves Saint Laurent sheath. Although the latter design was far more conservative than that of Theron and co, when you are the first woman in 82 years to be awarded a Best Director Oscar, who needs haute couture?
all images: daylife
sarah jessica parker/getty
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Open Sesame
- RAFW SS1011 - The (awkward) 15th anniversary editi...
- And the Walkley for new media douchebaggery appare...
- Gail Elliott's Little Joe to make its runway debut...
- Calvin Klein's ice breaker
- Gail Reid bound for Roberto Cavalli?
- A chat with Michael Angel
- LMFF, Refinery 29 downunder and Sonny Vandevelde c...
- Elle Macpherson closes Louis Vuitton
- From Churchill to Cassi-Gate, insulting the French...
- Alexander McQueen's final collection saluted in ca...
- Hollywood's risk takers
- Viktor & Rolf's Freaky Saturday
- Lauren Brown bags Balenciaga
- Balenciaga packs it in for Fall
- Cassi van den Dungen takes one step back from her ...
- Olivier Zahm christened "Smegmacula" by Vanity Fai...
- ▼ March 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)