Saturday, April 17, 2010
Coupla shots of the fans at last night's Behemoth concert in Sydney. Frockwriter has talked about Norwegian black metal and its influence on fashion. Well Behemoth hail from Poland and fit into a sub-sub metal genre called blackened death metal. They rocked the full corpse paint and came out for their encore in masks - made by Zenon Darski, the metalsmith dad of lead singer, Adam "Nergal" Darski - which was pretty impressive.
And while the band's Satanic stage antics might strike the fear of God into some, it's worth bearing in mind that off-stage, Darski is engaged to the Polish pop singer Dorota Rabczewska, whose oeuvre includes the albums Diamond Bitch and Bimbo. So he can't be all that scary.
That's Nergal in action in the last, fabulous Bluralist shot by Kent Vaughan (Mr Frockwriter) - which bears some resemblance to Edvard Munch's famous painting The Scream.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Who's live streaming at RAFW SS1011
- Myf Shepherd and Rachel Rutt are MUTT
- Carla's killer chic
- Zanita Whittington books American Apparel
- Garance Doré for Westfield
- When the going gets weird... the weird turn frow
- RAFW SS1011 - The 15 year anniversary video
- Carson Kressley talks Oz fashion, emus and tv cons...
- Behemoth rocks
- New girl alert: Sarah Lorimer
- Cruise control
- Malcolm McLaren was not the first British record p...
- Death of a pop culture genius
- Garance Doré and Scott Schuman head back to Austra...
- Louise van de Vorst has stalkers
- Julia Nobis has big feet
- Death of an Australian fashion icon
- Today Tonight goes backstage at Calvin Klein
- ▼ April 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)