Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Pit stop two this morning was the Carla Zampatti SS1011 collection launch at Zampatti's magnificent Eastern suburbs home. Missed the first part of the show sadly, but did take in the eveningwear: a dramatically-styled series of draped cocktail gowns in charcoal, ivory and lipstick red. The makeup brief according to MAC's Nicole Thompson was "bright colour-blocking, 70's YSL/sculpted face with a shine, bright popping lips". The styling was courtesy one Michelle Jank (who, frockwriter hears, is also styling Camilla's show next week). Not sure if Jank also consulted on the collection proper, but at first glance it appeared that may have been the case. Zampatti is an Australian fashion industry icon and she is to be commended for her longevity. But a collaboration with a hot talent such as Jank would represent a win-win situation for both designers: Jank gets to eschew the mundanities of manufacturing and concentrate on her key creative strengths and Zampatti's brand gets a shot in the arm.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Who's live streaming at RAFW SS1011
- Myf Shepherd and Rachel Rutt are MUTT
- Carla's killer chic
- Zanita Whittington books American Apparel
- Garance Doré for Westfield
- When the going gets weird... the weird turn frow
- RAFW SS1011 - The 15 year anniversary video
- Carson Kressley talks Oz fashion, emus and tv cons...
- Behemoth rocks
- New girl alert: Sarah Lorimer
- Cruise control
- Malcolm McLaren was not the first British record p...
- Death of a pop culture genius
- Garance Doré and Scott Schuman head back to Austra...
- Louise van de Vorst has stalkers
- Julia Nobis has big feet
- Death of an Australian fashion icon
- Today Tonight goes backstage at Calvin Klein
- ▼ April 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)