Tuesday, May 18, 2010
splash via popsugar.com
Sarah Jessica Parker gave a boost to the early careers of sass & bide’s Heidi Middleton and Sarah Jane Clarke by sporting some of their clothing on Sex And The City. Her latest Australian fave is apparently Sydney eco label Bassike. Fashion kingmaker Parker would quite obviously have her pick of clothes to wear on and off the big and small screens, with designers throwing their collections at her. Parker is currently on the promo trail for Sex And The City 2 and did a press conference in New York yesterday. And here she is off duty in New York on Saturday in Bassike’s ‘Dot’ logo T. Bassike’s Sydney PR, Emma van Haandel, is very good at getting clothes on visiting celebrities downunder – remember Sienna Miller in another EVH stablemate, Scanlan & Theodore, last year? Just how did the clothes get to SJP? According to a Bassike spokeswoman, the T-shirt was gifted by a mystery “friend” of the brand in the US, where it had its official launch one month ago at Barneys.
But not only did Parker wear the T-shirt, she personally called the Bassike HQ at 4pm yesterday.
According to EVH, Parker rang to say how much she loved the clothes and ask could she "place an order"?
"Yes, it was a surprise" the Bassike staffer who took the call told frockwriter. The call was then passed onto sales manager Jono Alder – who apparently initially thought it was a joke.
En route to Parker now are two pairs of Bassike’s Slimrise jeans, some scoop Ts, one opal print T, the lightweight crew sweatshirt, a denim jacket, a jersey tank, the Galah print trench from the SS1011 collection and some swimwear. No credit card was needed according to EVH.
Launched by Deborah Sams and Mary Lou Ryan in 2006 as a capsule collection of organic cotton jersey T-shirts, pants and dresses, Bassike has grown into a cool little collection of basics, denim and tailoring. The SS1011 show included printed swimwear, some great jackets - two cases in point, the Galah trench and a funnel-necked utility parka – in addition to acid wash-look, high-waisted jeans and some striking striped knits and open-weave sweaters and tunics.
Here is frockwriter’s Posterous pic gallery – only managed to get a few decent shots of that particular show. It’s one of several that I did not get a chance to blog during the week.
You can see the full collection on the Bassike website.
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Rachel Rutt scores her second international cover ...
- Casting clout: Kannon Rajah carves up the show cir...
- Master blaster: Indie Kiwi startup asks "WTF has h...
- Letters from TED (x)
- Juliana forges ahead
- The models of RAFW
- World's spot of bother in Woollahra
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets down to Bassike
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 4: Imelda's Matt Jordan
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 3: Sassi Sam's Sam Winte...
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 2: An Australian Wintour...
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 1: Aych blog's Hannah Mc...
- ABC Art Nation's story on Sonny Vandevelde
- Dion Lee's fashion analysis
- Jayson's New Wave
- Manning Cartell's backstage drama
- Kate Sylvester's charming summer
- Sally Koeswanto and the Ready to Wear 2 show
- Kristie Lawrence's hot Flannel
- ABC Art Nation's story on fashion bloggers
- Gail Elliott rocks it out for Little Joe's Sydney ...
- Zimmermann's 'Vanishing Point'
- digital prints and huge silver neckpieces - zimmer...
- Christopher Esber, Australia's latest fashion star...
- Camilla Franks takes one big step forward at RAFW
- tammy stone (l) and greta chesterman backstage B4 ...
- Camilla SS1011 finale at RAFW
- Lisa Ho SS1011 finale at RAFW
- A new day dawns at RAFW
- jumpsuits rule at ginger + smart #RAFW
- samantha harris - about to open lisa ho, the first...
- RAFW SS1011 launched - and how to follow the cover...
- Bvlgari's 125 years of Italian jewels
- ABC Art Nation tracks fashion bloggers
- ▼ May 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)