Mitchell Oakley Smith isn’t the only Australian getting published by an international imprint. Paul Bui, former editor of Australia's longest-surviving indie fashion magazine, Oyster, now working as a freelance stylist and writer, has penned the Sydney chapter of the upcoming City Style: A Field Guide to Global Fashion Capitals. The book is being published in October by New York-based Museyon Guides, which commissioned hipsters in eight cities to write about their local haunts, hotspots and fashion creatives. Bui joins Tokyo-based Brit Dan Bailey from the Tokyo Dandy blog and New York-based Laia Garcia from Geometric Sleep and writers in Milan, London, Paris, LA and Stockholm. Designers profiled include Rad Hourani, Danielle Scutt and Australia’s Kit Willow. Interesting to see Sydney make the global fashion cities cut yet again, after popping up in the top 10 Fashion Capitals list published by Texas-based Global Language Monitor in both 2008 and 2009 (with the launch of the 2010 list imminent).
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Smoking hot mama Miranda Kerr
- Codie Young covers Vogue Australia
- The eyes have it: Ksubi's 2011 eyewear campaign
- Lewitt responds to the Abbey Lee Kershaw film flak...
- Andrej Pejic channels Ziggy Stardust for Vogue Par...
- Jennifer Hawkins puts the Love into Lovable with a...
- Too cool for school: Julia Nobis covers Oyster au ...
- Florence and the Willow publicity machine
- Valley girls
- And now for a commercial break
- Booked: Museyon's 'City Style' taps Sydney as a gl...
- Codie Young cracks the cover of Vogue
- Ryan McGinley's "suicide" video was inspired by Al...
- Super Tuesday at David Jones
- The Gap is opening this month in Australia - it's ...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw helps glamorize model suicides f...
- ▼ August 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)