Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Last month Frockwriter mentioned that young Sydney fashion designer Elliot Ward-Fear was about to shoot an Autumn/Winter branding campaign with the upwardly mobile Sunshine Coast model Codie Young. Well here is an exclusive preview of that collaboration, which was shot last week in Brisbane. It was lensed by Thom Kerr, styled by Sarah Babcock, with hair by Shaun Casey, makeup by Becca Gilmartin and graphics courtesy Lekkur Studio. Just a reminder, again, that 22 year-old Ward-Fear only graduated from TAFE NSW's Fashion Design Studio last year and has yet to sell to a single stockist. Although privately he has sold a number of pairs of the 18cm microsuede booties that prompted three models to stumble in the group TAFE show at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week in May this year (note Ward-Fear has upped his own ankle-breaker ante with a pair of 45cm shoes for AW11, see below). And gifted one pair, together with a spectacular spiked Lucite necklace, to blogstar Bryanboy, who has been getting a lot of mileage out of both.
Ward-Fear's second collection, entitled 'Spirit of Clothing', further illustrates his talent for complex tailoring. Just like fellow Fashion Design Studio alumni Dion Lee, Ward-Fear has a penchant for bodyconscious garments that are festooned with intricate seamwork.
Below are the three 'campaign' images, complete with branding. And below those, two images from the accompanying Elliot Ward-Fear lookbook. They show the front and rear views of a fantastic pink and purple acrylic jumpsuit with a cutout heart at the derrière - a variation on McQueen's infamous bumster trousers. We have little doubt that garment will generate a lot of editorial coverage.
After a busy few months, during which she shot a series of editorials and a cover for Vogue Australia under an exclusive arrangement, 18 year-old Young is about to jet off to Europe to embark on her international career. We hear there is already a huge amount of interest in her.
Frockwriter looks forward to tracking Young's movements in 2011 - not to mention Ward-Fear's solo RAFW debut in May. Just like Dion Lee's solo debut at the event this year, it promises to be one of the week's hottest tickets.
all images: thom kerr for elliot ward-fear. supplied exclusively to frockwriter by mother and father pr
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- The transvestite issue
- Shadtoto Prasetio: The Jakarta protocol
- Myf Shepherd goes back to work
- Catherine McNeil scores her fifth Vogue Australia ...
- Jessica Gomes is the Megan Gale of South Korea
- A Merry Marc, Anna, Carine, Tom and Tavi Christmas...
- Julia Restoin-Roitfeld interviews Tom Ford for V M...
- Rosemary Smith pieces together Jigsaw for Autumn/W...
- Power couple
- Andrej Pejic nabs Marc by Marc Jacobs to boot
- Auckland retail in the Qantas Travel Insider
- A supermodel New Year
- Australian Fashion Week founder Simon Lock awarded...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw channels Vali Myers for ManiaMan...
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides traile...
- Pawel Bednarek fronts Song for the Mute Autumn/Win...
- Pretty babies
- Portmans signs Abbey Lee Kershaw
- Andrej Pejic: Shooting Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw falls off her bike
- The revolution will be merchandised
- Young guns: Thom Kerr shoots Codie Young in Elliot...
- The lovely bones: Anna Lundgaard
- The dark side: Meghan Collison covers Oyster 90
- Andrej Pejic, campaign trailblazer
- From Social-Lites to Urbanomics: Eleven "crucial" ...
- Westfield Sydney in 3D
- Ivy Shore
- Vogue means never having to say you're seventy
- Old spice: Not even age shall weary Tom Ford's fas...
- The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010
- Rachel Rutt, the face of summer
- ▼ December 2010 (32)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)